RE: signing packages

> rpm uses beecrypt, not gpg, and supports only a subset of RFC-2440
> (aka OpenPGP).
>
> Specific limitations of note include:
> 	a) V3 signatures.
> 	b) few, possibly none, additional signings.
> 	c) DSA/SHA1 and RSA/MD5 only.
> 	d) no concept of "trust" bit.
>
> There may well be other limits, like 2048-bit RSA keys.

Is there a way to find out more concretely what these limitations are?
I've written a script to automate installing gpg keys into rpm via a
keyserver, and have run into the multiple signatures problem in several
instances.

My script uses GPG to strip off all non-self signatures, which seems to
work in some cases, but in others it doesn't. If I could figure out
exactly what needs to be stripped, it would help a whole lot.

If anyone is interested, the current script is available at
http://www.ilsw.com/~erik/fedora-installkey

Thanks

--erik