Re: Can i build/output .rpm package to directory other than /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 directory?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 1. I dont seems to be able to find any documentation on how to use rpmmacros,
> would you please let me know where i can find them?

Google is your friend:
http://www.google.com/search?q=rpmmacros&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

> 2. How can i also specify the location of rpmmacros? I would like to create a
> copy only in the build directory with other source and misc files.

rpmbuild --help:
 --macros=<FILE:...>           read <FILE:...> instead of default file(s)

> 3. I noticed that it will create the .rpm files under i386 directory. Is it a
> correct behaviour? Can I change it?

Read more:
http://www.rpm.org/howto/thefight/

I strongly suggest you put a little more effort in finding this
information yourself.

Download a couple of dozen source RPM files and study them. They all have
a spec file that can sometimes show you neat tricks.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.