RE: rpm build with static rpm libs (only)

> I've got a situation where I'd like to limit the
> number of shared libraries installed to a defined
> (LSB) set.  Thus, I was looking for a way to build
> rpm such that the libraries built out of the
> rpm source tree are linked statically, but existing
> system libraries would be linked dynamically.
>
> configure --disable-static links everything
> fully static.

So this seems to have been a false alarm. The
"rpm" binary itself is statically linked, but
the executables it calls in /usr/lib/rpm are
indeed linked just the way I want - dynamic to
system libraries, but static with the libraries
from the rpm tree.

Sorry about the noise.  I just checked the
wrong thing.