Suppress info about packages that have no %files?

I have a spec file with multiple %packages where the main package has no %files, i.e. it is used just as a way to share info between the other packages - rpms will be generated only for the sub package, not the main one.

However, when doing the package build, rpm still lists the main package in the output in such a way that you'd think that it did create an rpm for it. Also 'rpm -q --specfile' will also mention the main package. I don't want this; I want information about what rpm files have actually been/will be generated. Is there a way to tell rpm not to mention packages that have no filelist and thus won't be associated with rpm files?

- Toralf