does the Nosource directive work?

Hi everyone,

I'm making a pair of rpms for the ndiswrapper project. One of them is going to need the Windows NDIS driver, which isn't GPL so I can't distribute it in the rpm.

Page 186 of the "Red Hat RPM Guide" from RH Press says "Sometimes you need to keep some sources out of the source rpm. .... the Nosource: directive tells RPM to skip a source file from the source RPM. .... If the packages contains a Nosource: or Nopatch: directive, rpmbuild will use a file-name extension of .nosrc.rpm instead of .src.rpm."

My package contains two source directives:

Source0: R64838.EXE
Source1: modules.conf.ndiswrapper-intel-2100

If I change the first one to Nosource0: R64838.EXE , then rpmbuild builds a source rpm without the .nosrc.rpm extension. Instead it builds a regular .src.rpm file. What is even more disturbing is that the .src.rpm file, on inspection, contains NEITHER source file. Not the one that I declared as Nosource, and not the one that is still declared as Source1.

Is Nosource broken, or am I missing something? I'm using rpm-4.2-0.69 under Red Hat 9.'

Thanks,

Aaron

--
Aaron Bennett