base directory for files section of spec file

Hi List,

I am writing a simple spec file which installs some files. No build, or install steps are done.
I have a "template" file system inside my /home/my_user/ dir which I keep the files in. I want to
be able to update those files and then re-build my rpm to put them in their proper place on the
file system. A bit like if I tar'd them all up and then un-tarred them with a forced base dir
of /

Does that make sense?

For example, If I have a set of files :

/home/my_user/template_dir/etc/file1.conf
/home/my_user/template_dir/usr/local/bin/some_file
/home/my_user/template_dir/usr/local/doc/some_file.txt

which I want rpm to install as:

/etc/file1.conf
/usr/local/bin/some_file
/usr/local/doc/some_file.txt

How would I go about doing this? I know I could have a post step to mv the file all around
but I assume there is an easier and more elegant way.

Any advice?

Thanks!