Re: [Sound] linux radio station

On Llu, 2003-04-21 at 13:20, mourad mourad wrote:
> I know that under windows  a media server could take care of it. i dont know
> wether under linux I could do the same , Ie : when a live conference takes
> place .. and if someone whises to listen to it he/she would connect thru a
> client player like winamp for exple key in the IP and the port  IP:port
> thru which the server is broadcasting this audio and would connect right
> away..

You just need suitable encoders (eg ogg vorbis which is included with
Red Hat) and a streaming ogg server (eg icecast2). You can do the same
with mp3 but you may have to pay large patent licensing fees in some
locations (notably the USA) to do so.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]