[Sound] ESS1869 ISA sound card won't work

I have an old ISA bus ESS1869 card which does not work under RH9. Google
searches and Linux documentation tell me that the 1869 based cards should
work under previous versions of RH.

Curiously, the hardware browser program in System Tools does indeed detect
the card (ESS1869 Plug and Play sound card), but the soundcard detection
program in System Settings does not see it.

I know the HW is OK, as this is a dual boot system and the card works fine
under Windows 98.

What's the next step? I tried to run sndconfig but it's apparently not on my
RH9 system. (Locate can't find it, although curiously it is not reporting
it's failure.)

Thanks,

Chuck

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]