Re: [Sound] No sound on speakers from and audio CD

Just to close this (now clear) issue -- RedHat8.0 support
folks have been very nice to me (I have 30 days support
for purchasing $39 distribution) -- they found this reference
for me:
	http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue80/tag/4.html

It solves my issue. I don't have time to hack extra software
(cdda2wav, xmms plugins, etc.) now, though it's nice to know
that it is doable under linux. For now I just removed the audio
cable from my modem card (that I don't use anyway) and used that
cable to connect one of my two CD drives with the sound card.

Thanks to everyone who responded and tried to help,

Roman

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]