[Sound] Soundfont (.sf2) file from .pat files?

I have recently install an sb Live! (5.1) on my RH 8.0 box, and I am running the
alsa drivers, so I can play midi files directly.  On my system I have a *large*
collection of .pat files (typically used by timidity, etc., to play midi files).

Is there a utility out there which I can use to create a soundfont (.sf2) file
from these .pat files or am I wasting my time?  (I downloaded the allegro
sources, and they include software to do the opposite conversion, but no luck
otherwise so far...)

Any help would be apprecitated (so far web searches have not helped, and I
haven't found any references in anything I have read).

Thanks,

--
William W. Austin 			bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       "Life is just a phase I'm going through... this time, anyway..."

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]