Re: [Sound] Problems with KDE sounds.

It sounds to me like you haven't configured any of the sounds.  Have you
gone into (K menu)/preferences/sound/system notifications to setup the
KDE sounds?  I don't use GAIM, but it may require you to setup the
sounds.  I have a built in sound card too, which also uses the via82cxxx
driver, but it caused problems so I bought a Sound Blaster.
			Lotsa Luck!
Digi