RadHat 9.0 installation on Precision 670 SATA drives

Hi,

I have a precision 670 with SATA drives that I need to install Red Hat 9, I know that SATA support requires a later kernel to function with SATA. I cannot see the hard drives during installation. My question is there a guide to rebuild Red Hat 9 with SATA support, I found a couple that were close. Is there another option besides rebuilding the distribution with an updated kernel? Can I try to use my software with Red Hat ENT 3 ES up2 that seems to have almost the same RPMS that Red Hat 9 has? The programmer tried fedora core 3 and he had SNMP problems with that version.

Thanks,