Minimum config?

I'm currently looking into assembling an embedded Linux machine for use in
a hostile environment (a non-temperature controller building).  As such, I
am looking at something like a Via Mini-ITX and IDE Flash drive so there
are no moving parts to worry about.

I plan on running SSHD and perhaps a few other minor daemons. Also, it will
have a wireless NIC.

My question is if anyone can steer me in the right direction for what
minimum packaged need to be installed. I've looked at Peeweelinux and to be
perfectly honest, I'm not that impressed :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net