Re: redhat linux 9.0 professional

Peter Boy wrote:
Am So, den 20.06.2004 schrieb SaravanaKumar um 07:18:

i am in a situation to choose between IBM X225 and HP Proliant ML150 servers. I am going to run RedHat Linux(probably shrike). Which is the best system to choose? Any one there using either of the systems.

shrike (RH  9) has reached its end of support cycle. Red Hat will no
longer provide bug- or security fixes. If you consider a X225 I suppose
you are not talking about home usage or hobby. An unsupported operating
system might not be your premium choice. Red Hat enterprise linux may be
your option.

Peter

Thanks for the suggestion. The server is not for home usage. We are going to buy that for our office. What can i go for? IBM or HP.

AFAIK both support Enterprise Linux(am i right?).

thanks,
SK

-- Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect. --- Linus Torvalds --

SK