trying to register my RedHat Enterprise system.

I bought a Dell station with RedHat Enterprise 3.2 on it. I had to downgrade it with RedHat Enterprise 2.1 to get some of our chemistry software to run.

I have activated my product line with RedHat, but I cannot get the system registered.

RedHat gave me the following instructions:

Please uninstall the new rhn-register* up2date* rhnlib* and pyOpenSSL*
packages (use --nodeps),
and reinstall the older rhn_register* and up2date* packages from the
CDROM.

Install the updated ssl certificate using the commands:
# wget -q -O - https://rhn.redhat.com/help/new-cert.sh | /bin/bash

Please browse:
https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/
This should show that your machine is able to connect to port 443.

Then run the command:
# up2date up2date'
before downloading other erratas.

I uninstalled the rhn* programs, the up2date programs, and the
pyOpenSSL program
I reinstalled the original rhn_register and up2date programs.

The "wget" command worked without giving me any messages.

I opened https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/.  It should me my certificates.
  I kept them.
Then a page with "RedHat" opened.

I ran "up2date up2date".  I received the message that I was not
registered.  I
needed to run "rhn_register".

I tried to run "rhn_register".  The window opened but the connection
was refused.

I also downloaded the new-cert.sh from
https://rhn.redhat.com/help/new-cert.sh
and then ran "bash new-cert.sh"   This gave me the message that the
connection
was successful and a new certificate was installed.

Does anyone know how to get the system registered?

My Enterprise system seems to be an orphan.  Although RedHat has
given me some help, RedHat says that the vendor should help me with
the problem.  The phone support that I have reached at Dell say that
they don't support linux except to provide the drivers.  Our campus
Dell sale representatives haven't responded to my email or phone calls.

Are any of you having similar problems with support?