Re: ldap authentication

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 02:40 pm, linuxadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ldap is definatly an area where i have as little exptertise possible, but
> its looking like that is going to change sooner than later.

I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to help you with all of your questions, but
two resources that helped me figure out how to set up ldap authorization on
our network were Aileen Frisch's Essential System Administration and the
Official Red Hat Linux Administrator's Guide (which I believe is part of the
documentation that came with RH9).

> what i would like to accomplish at the office is to have a redhat box
> authenticate passwords against an ldap server on the network, instead of
> thru the local shadow file.  is this possible?

Yes. The redhat-config-authentication tool will give you a nice interface to
set ldap authentication.