Re: nic swap?

Randy Kelsoe wrote:

shane c branch wrote:

All I see there is IRQ to pin mappings. I don't see anything relating to the nic in dmesg. I had to do a reboot earlier today due to mounting the server in a rack.

I just don't know what I should looking for.

What happens if I just shutdown, swap the card, and bring it up again?

If kudzu is running (chkconfig --list |grep kudzu kudzu 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off )

and your GigaBit card is supported, you should be fine. Just answer the questions when kudzu comes up.

You never did mention what brand of GigaBit card you have.....

They are both intel cards. Sorry about that.

It looks like simple swap was all it took, kudzu detected the e100 missing, so i removed the config when prompted. Then it picked up the e1000, and configured it, migrating the old config.

Thanks to all for the assitance.

--
regards,

shane