Re: nic swap?

shane c branch wrote:

Can you be a little more specific? I found /etc/module.conf:

alias eth0 pcnet32
alias eth1 e100
alias scsi_hostadapter ips
alias usb-controller usb-uhci

that's the text of the current file. I still don't quite get what I need to do.

The example Steven gave is if you have two NICs that are the same. Since you new NIC will be a GigaBit, you just need to use the right driver name in your /etc/modules.conf file. If your new card is an Intel GigaBit, which I think uses the driver e1000, then you would need to have:

alias eth0 pcnet32
alias eth1 e1000

in your modules.conf. There is a good chance that kudzu will handle this for you. It should notice that you have removed your pcnet32 card and replaced it with a GigaBit card and make the changes for you.