Re: ghosting on LCD flatpanel through KVM switch

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Blaise Canzian wrote:

> Has anyone experienced sub-optimal display on a Sony Viewsonic 18" LCD
> flatpanel through a KVM switch?  The KVM switch I have is pretty cheap.
>   The fonts are ghosted, although the redhat-config-xfree86 finds the
> monitor correctly.
>
> BTW, I have the resolution configured to match the LCD display's native
> resolution, this is definitely a KVM-related problem, not something else
> (i.e., display is perfect if the video feed from the nVidia GeForce2
> card on a VGA cable goes directly to the display and not through the KVM
> switch).  Oh, I'm running VGA not DVI.

Odd, every KVM I've worked with has been sub-optimal.  Didn't know they
could be optimal.  Double the cable length or more, switching to pass
thru, improperly or poorly sheilded cables.  Cybex was the best I've seen
so far, but gad they is expensive.

Oops, linux, redhat, yeah.   Take a look at a project called "synergy" (I
think) on sourceforge.  KVM-less KVM'ing.