Re: Connecting to more than one X windows server

Brian Johnson wrote:

I've got shrike with gnome running on my laptop but sometimes it would be
useful to remotely connect to Xwindows on our ltsp server to confirm what
users are seeing.

Is it possible to have both configured as separate consoles with the remote
setup as Ctrl,Alt,F8 maybe?

Currently investigating VNC as an alternative

I've read it three times, but I'm still having trouble. X is a network protocol. The X server runs on a machine where there's some sort of display hardware and clients connect over the network to the X server.

Maybe I don't know what an ltsp server is and all would become clear if I did.

jch