Problem in Wireless Connectivity

Hey buddies,
I have just upgraded from Red Hat 9 to Fedora. I had
this problem in Red Hat 9 too.
I had thought that I could get rid of this problem but
no.

I have a wireless connection at my home. When I log in
Linux with wireless connection at home, there is no
authentication and internet connection works fine.
I dont even have to write a SSID, I think it takes
that automatically.

Now, when I bring my laptop to the university, where
they have SSID "mobilenet", when I log in Linux and
try to open a browser with www.google.com, the
internet does not work neither ping works.

When I open the Internet Configuration Wizard from the
System tools and make a new Wirless Connection and try
to activate it I get the following errors:

cannot get driver information: Operation not supported

Determining IP information for eth0:1...SIOCSIFFLAGS:
Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
 failed.

When I go to a shell and write
$service network restart

I get the following errors:

 root]# service network restart
Shutting down interface wifi0:
    [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface:
    [  OK  ]
Setting network parameters:
 [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:
    [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:  Cannot get driver
information: Operation not supported

Determining IP information for eth0...PING 192.168.0.1
(192.168.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 192.168.0.1 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100%
packet loss, time 2017ms
, pipe 4
 failed.

    [FAILED]
Bringing up interface wifi0:  Cannot get driver
information: Operation not supported

Determining IP information for wifi0... failed.

    [FAILED]
[root@localhost root]#

I really dont understand how to fix this and would
appreciate if anyone can help me get around with that.

The card I use is Xircom Wireless 340 Series which is
recommended by Cisco at our University. I had to
install its drivers in Red Hat 9 but no need to
install drivers for Fedora arose.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Shalendra