Re: audio cable

Randy Kelsoe said:

> Jay Daniels wrote:
>>
>> The RH cdplayer gnome-cd shows the correct cd and song names and the
>> counter is ticking away as if it was playing, but no sound.
>>
>> Any idea how to get cd's to play directly on this box?  mp3, .wav and
>> other sound files play ok.
>>

> Have you opened your mixer and checked the CD Volume to make sure it's
> not muted?

Yes, that's the first thing I did.  Also turned the volume up and the
actual speaker volume up.  Played a few sound files to make sure I could
here it.  It's loud but the music cd still has no sound.

Note the audio cable has 4 pins, the soundcard has 2 four pin connectors.
But one audio cable I have has 3 wires, the other has 4.  Tried both audio
cables on each connector on the soundcard.  The connector on the sound
card doesn't have any guide as to which way to plug it in - the soundcard
manual gives no info on how to connect it.  I connected it both ways but
still no sound.  Also tried switching the speaker jacks from L to R on the
4 channel soundcard.

jay