Re: another apache/php/redhat question

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 17:31, redhat wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> >
> if I change to 776 then instead of my index.php page showing I get the
> Apache default page.
---
what does that tell you? nothing...you realized that everyone must be
able to execute in your home/webtree to allow web pages to be served
from there
---
> Since my home directory at my host is located at /home/lokrin/www/www
> and I have several HUNDRED pages coded to that path, I thought it would
> be easier to place the files in the same path here.
---
relative vs absolute paths - you have much to learn grasshopper - a web
site that isn't portable is a waste of time.
---
> >ln -s /var/www/html /home/lokrin/webtree (or something similar)
> >
> Doesn't seem to work.  Is this supposed to work for the entire set of
> subdirectories along with the directory itself?

---
suggest that given the lengthy description of the ln -s command that I
gave, you should play with it long enough to understand it - otherwise,
you can remain unknowing.
---
> >Lastly, I don't think that the apache documentation is installed by
> >default - you can check - you can always install it or go to
> >www.apache.org for information.

> Will look.....  Nope, don't see it.  I'll look for it at apache.org
> Yep, but no download version.
---
apt-get install httpd-manual

no apt-get command? - big clue coming...

<http://freshrpms.net/apt>

Craig