Re: small break...

> > I guess Ivo and John have clarified it for you. I will just add this.
> > Do not let the install process automatically partition your harddisc.
> > You will end up losing your whole data and Windows XP. Select the
> > manual partitioning option.
> >

> Not quite.   The automatic partitioning allows you to choose between
> removing all partitions and all _Linux_ partitions -- choose the latter
> and you won't lose anything.   To be completely sure, make sure you've
> ticked (checked) the box that lets you review the partition table.
> jch

Since he doesn't *has* a Linux partition yet to begin with(there is only
windows XP installed with no free partitions) what would choosing "remove
all linux partitions" achieve (i.e. there aren't any) ?

Doesnt't he rather needs to choose manual mode and delete the partition
related to D:\ to make space for the Linux partition ? Am assuming he didn't
delete it from within Windows itself already.

Am slightly confused so will have to try checking the install sequence
myself later.

Maybe I missed on something.

Thanks,
Abhi