Re: small break...

Abhi wrote:

Dear ziad,
I guess Ivo and John have clarified it for you. I will just add this. Do not let the install process automatically partition your harddisc. You will end up losing your whole data and Windows XP. Select the manual partitioning option.

Not quite. The automatic partitioning allows you to choose between removing all partitions and all _Linux_ partitions -- choose the latter and you won't lose anything. To be completely sure, make sure you've ticked (checked) the box that lets you review the partition table.

jch