Re: dns forwarding and sendmail

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Scott Brown wrote:

> a web server running rh9 and apache (works great). I also wanted to set up a
> mail server using sendmail. Is this possible without running dns and using a
> dns forwarding service? If it is, (and I'm pretty sure it is) what is the

Well, if you install the sendmail-rpm it sendmail should run out of the
box w/o any configuration. DNS is not necesary, as long as etc/resov.conf
points to some valid nameservers (from your provider)

You can install a caching nameserver if you want, RH provides a RPM for
that.

Hope this helps, Ingo.