Google
  Web www.spinics.net

creating iso's

>From the Linux Journal archive cd:
On Linux, the simplest way to make an image is with cat. Put the
desired CD-ROM disk into the CD-ROM drive. Make sure the directory
/mnt/images/ exists. If your CD-ROM disk block device is hdc, the
image is created like this:

cat /dev/hdc > /mnt/images/image1.iso
<snip>

Question: is this the best way to create iso's of my cdroms?  I want to
create a virtual cdrom server using apache and iso images of all my
cdroms!  I remember creating iso's from a cdrom before, but I remember
it being more complex than a simple cat...

If you have the Linux Journal Archive cdrom...
Ref: file:///mnt/cdrom/LJ/LJ96/5639.html

I wish to create a virtual cdrom jukebox similar to the one in this
article; however, I will use iso files and apache to serve up the
data and just use an index page with links to the root index of each
cdrom iso image.  The iso will be mounted to a directory under the
apache root.

jay
--
Sometimes I feel like a rat in a cage...