From: Bhaskar B
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 5:28 PM
Subject: Keyboard goes crazy

Hello all:

Recently I installed RedHat Linux 9.0 on my PC.  It is
a Gateway with Pentium 3, 128 MB RAM.  However that
was only the good part.  I have been plagued with this
strange problem ever since.

After I start the GUI environment in linux (i.e. after
startx) the keyboard works fine for sometime.  However
soon after it goes crazy or simply hangs.

For example if I am typing at the terminal, it
automatically starts to output what seems like
*random* characters on its own.  It does not stop at
all.  Then if I open another terminal it continues the
same behavior on that terminal as well.  Sometimes it
hangs so that none of the keys work.  If I go to the
console and come back into the X environment (ALT-F7)
the problem is fixed *but* only for a while.

I searched a lot of lists but have not found any
solution yet.  Previously I had Red Hat 6.2 installed
and the keyboard worked beautifully.

Can somebody please help me or point me to some
resources?

Thank you very much.
Bhaskar.