Re: Keyboard goes crazy

Have you tried changing the keyboard? Does the problem occur with other as well?
VJ
----- Original Message -----
From: Bhaskar B
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 5:28 PM
Subject: Keyboard goes crazy

Hello all:

Recently I installed RedHat Linux 9.0 on my PC.  It is a Gateway with Pentium 3, 128 MB RAM.  However that was only the good part.  I have been plagued with this strange problem ever since.

After I start the GUI environment in linux (i.e. after startx) the keyboard works fine for sometime.  However soon after it goes crazy or simply hangs.

For example if I am typing at the terminal, it automatically starts to output what seems like *random* characters on its own.  It does not stop at all.  Then if I open another terminal it continues the same behavior on that terminal as well.  Sometimes it hangs so that none of the keys work.  If I go to the console and come back into the X environment (ALT-F7) the problem is fixed *but* only for a while.

I searched a lot of lists but have not found any solution yet.  Previously I had Red Hat 6.2 installed and the keyboard worked beautifully.

Can somebody please help me or point me to some resources?

Thank you very much.
Bhaskar.

Do you Yahoo!?