Re: GRUB serial configuration

Hi Jay

I was able to configure GRUB for serial access using the Linux Serial HOW-TO
{I used a null modem cable}, and also also use all the shell features . I
used minicom for this purpose . The problem I am facing is how exactly to
modify the 'grub.conf' for my needs . I am using RedHat 9.0 .

The problems I am facing are :

1. On boot , GRUB should always accept the password from the serial
port{ttyS0 }before continuing with booting .
2. I want this without dropping to the console in GRUB. I tried modifying
the /boot/grub/grub.conf  by adding the following lines ::
  serial --unit=0 --speed=9600
  terminal serial
This is not making GRUB go automatically in the serial console {the booting
continues and I get kernel panic}. However , if  I drop down to the console
and then give these commands , then I am able to communicate from another
computer using minicom . I want this to happen automatically without the
need to drop to the console , so that I can use it for monitorless systems.

Could you give me any ideas ?

Thanks & Regards,
Karan Saberwal

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 03:13:50PM +0530, karan wrote:
> > Hi  All
> >
> > I am trying to configure GRUB for serial port access for my project.
What I