Sendmail and outlook

Hi

I've installed a mail server using sendmail on a redhat 9 box.
I also have installed horde and IMP as mail web client.

It works fine, I can send and receive mail from any account on the internet,
but now I want let my clients send and receive their messages using outlook.

I though it was just open the pop3 port and enable the service, and nothing
else to be configured in sendmail.

I tried, and the pop3 works fine but I cannot send mail using outlook ?
I searched trough sendmail.mc and found that outlook "use LOGIN", so I
created the SASL password for some user "saslpasswd user", then I added
these entries in the mc file

define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl

And then configure outlook for outgoing mail checking "My Server Requires
Authentication".

But it doesn't works, outlook fails with this error number  0x800CCC0F

Any ideas ??  what's wrong ??