Re: Sendmail and outlook

> I tried, and the pop3 works fine but I cannot send mail using outlook ?

You may enable relaying for your clients without authentification.
Just put their ip or domain name as RELAY into /etc/mail/access.
However, it is impossible for public network.

> I searched trough sendmail.mc and found that outlook "use LOGIN", so I
> created the SASL password for some user "saslpasswd user", then I added
> these entries in the mc file
>
> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl

Have you installed cyrus-sasl-plain package?

> And then configure outlook for outgoing mail checking "My Server Requires
> Authentication".
>
> But it doesn't works, outlook fails with this error number  0x800CCC0F
>
> Any ideas ??  what's wrong ??

Try authentificate and send mail by hand using "telnet your.server.name 25" (rfc2821 and sasl docs).
Try using ethereal or tcpdump to see negotiations of client and server.