Apache SSL Question

I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if this has been covered.  I
searched the archives and did not find an answer.

I recently installed RH9 and during some of my testing, I am trying to make
sure https is working.  If I just try to hit a default URL at https://blah,
I get the following error in my browser:

The connection to blah.com has terminated unexpectedly.  Some data may have
been transferred.

The logs aren't really telling me much.  Previous versions of Apache were
easy to get up and running with the self-generated certificate.  What's
different about 2.x?  Thanks!

Mike
         _\|/_
         (@ @)