Re: linux-unix network connection

Hi Msquared,

if you like, please look at my lists and compare with your adjustments.

I'm sure, all I'm could do I'd well done, but ????

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 352 packets, 59478 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
15895 915K MASQUERADE all -- any ppp+ anywhere anywhere
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 1652 packets, 160K bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

sysctl -e -p
[root@kurt root]# sysctl -e -p
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
kernel.sysrq = 0
kernel.core_uses_pid = 1

[root@kurt root]# iptables -v -L -t mangle
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 1231 packets, 98505 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 1095 packets, 88889 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 136 packets, 9616 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 728 packets, 61772 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 1257 packets, 105K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination
   44  3411            all  --  any    ppp+    anywhere         anywhere

[root@kurt root]# iptables -v -L -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 789 packets, 60357 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination

 Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 15 packets, 1946 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination
   5   331 MASQUERADE  all  --  any    ppp+    anywhere         anywhere

 Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 20 packets, 2277 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source        destination

Regards, Kurt