Re: Command Line Tools: Configuring Wireless Card

Am Mi, den 19.11.2003 schrieb Sh@len um 12:31:
> However, at my home where there is no autentication
> needed it connects automatically. At my University
> where there is an authentication login and password
> are needed,

If there is a login and a password, there might be some kind of VPN in
place. You have to get to know which kind of VPN and install its
software. It is independent from the wireless cards driver / software.

With the wireless card you chould check

   /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifc-<interface>
   /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/keys-<interface>

here you can configure the beast manually, set the SSID and wep key, if
needed.

After having activated the wireless adapter, you may run
  ifconfig
to determine which interface are active and which IP number has been
configured (University might use DHCP)

Another test:

iwlist <interface> scan

to list all available acces points.