Command Line Tools: Configuring Wireless Card

Hi friends,
I have a Xircom Wireless Card. Fortunately with the
help of someone here, I could locate its driver for
Linux from Cisco Centre for Wireless.
However, at my home where there is no autentication
needed it connects automatically. At my University
where there is an authentication login and password
are needed, I have tried everything with the Graphical
Internet Configuration Manager/Network device Manager,
I could not run internet on Linux there.  The only
thing I have tried to do is activate the new wireless
connection I have made, and changed the SSID.
The cards works very well in Linux at my home.
Please let me know of what command line rules and
options should I use to configure my card because that
is the only solution which seems feasible to me.
The card uses cisco aironet drivers
Thanks
Rebel