Where is LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?

I have settings in my .bash_profile that add directories to
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  When I log in on the console, these settings take
effect, but when I log in via X (using gdm and GNOME), LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
blank.  What is different between the two logins that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
getting reset after I set it in X?  (I know .bash_profile is being
executed because all other variables I set are set as expected.)

I've looked everywhere in /etc/ and everywhere in my home, and I can't
find another place where it's set (other than openoffice setup scripts,
which shouldn't have an effect on login).

Thanks.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences