Re: gaim & MSN

On 29 Oct 2003, H M Kunzmann wrote:

> On the gaim site, I've read something about the mozilla-nss and/or
> mozilla-nspr libraries are needed and that gaim must be compiled with
> ssl support. I've downloaded the source for gaim and I've tried
> compiling it with ssl support, but it doesn't seem to pick up the
> libraries, even after explicitly pointing the configure command to them.
> I'm running mozilla-1.4.1.

I have never had a *non-working* gaim+msn! ;-)

But then I also play it safe, and let others figure things out for me.
Which is why I install apt (for RPM) from

	http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/9/apt/

and install it, then run

	apt-get update

to get the latest package listings, then run

	apt-get install gaim

to install gaim and all its dependencies in one shot.

After this, a periodic

	apt-get upgrade

keeps me updated and functional.

Atul

--
Linux Bangalore/2003 - India's biggest Open Source event
December 2-4, Bangalore, India