Re: gaim & MSN

H M Kunzmann wrote:

Gaim's MSN stopped working since I updated to v0.70.
v0.71 does the same.

What happens is that the logon procedure works as normal up to when the
status reads 'Password Sent'. It waits a long time (more than a minute)
and then returns with a 'Error reading from server' message.

On the gaim site, I've read something about the mozilla-nss and/or
mozilla-nspr libraries are needed and that gaim must be compiled with
ssl support. I've downloaded the source for gaim and I've tried
compiling it with ssl support, but it doesn't seem to pick up the
libraries, even after explicitly pointing the configure command to them.
I'm running mozilla-1.4.1.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do ? Does anyone have a working gaim
& MSN ?

Thanks

It works great here (both on this machine on RH8.0 and on RH9 at home)

I downloaded rpm's from http://sourceforge.net/
Version is 0.71.
If you install by rpm comand maybe that you are called for additional libraries, quite easy to be found

Antonio

--