RE: Modifying Gnome Menu

> How do I add an item ( a new launcher) into a users gnome menu?

This was partially taken from Nyquist Rpms... (and also help from the man
himself)

Menu-editing in RedHat 9

    * To enable menu editing per user config (via nautilus), you need to
open a terminal and do the following:

      su -
      <give root password>
      cd /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules
      cp default-modules.conf default-modules.conf-no-menu-editing
      cp default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing default-modules.conf

      For any user you want to have the right to edit their menu, you also
need to do this as the user:

      cd ~/.gnome2/vfolders
      cp /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu applications.vfolder-info
    * When gnome-panel is restarted (via logout/login or kill) the user will
be able to see the changes they have made to their menu.

Cool??

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate