Re: sendmail issues resolving certain domains

On 2003-10-02 at 23:32:23+0200 Florian La Roche <laroche@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0208/msg00483.html
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind9-users&m=101439115705519&w=2
>
> Thanks a lot for emailing the solution that quickly ;-),
> I'll check what I might add to our official rpm

If something is added, it should be commented out by default, with
instructions to enable it only if needed.

A nameserver that returns SERVFAIL in response to a query for class
AAAA when other class records exist for the domain in question is
*broken*, period.  RFC2308 is quite explicit (sections 2.1 and 2.2).

(Every time I've seen a DNS server that is broken like this, it's been
running some old/unpatched version of Novell.)

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute