RE: How to check filesystem for curroption

<snip>
A more useful approach though, is to install kernel-utils from rawhide
(I've got 2.4-8.31 here) which includes  smartctl which uses the
S.M.A.R.T. stuff to monitor the health of your disks.   Disks generally
know when they're going to fail and you can monitor your disks with
"smartd" to keep an eye on them.    Definitiely recommend that if you
got at least one disk somewhere.
</snip>

Now that's NEWS to me (then again.. being a newb in the OSS arena, there's a
lot of things I still don't know..LOL)

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate