Re: Choosing a machine to make a small server

Go and check out :

http://linitx.com/

There is a good variety of stuff.

The smallest case I have found is the Caselogic C134 which measures 10x7x2in. and
will take a VIA M10000 mini-itx card and upto ~80GB 2.5" HD.

The "Light" solutions are cool to, if you want to use compact flash and or a hard drive, they
also have a 3 ethernet board if you wanted to make a firewall. :^) They are 170x50x225mm.

Also check out :

http://www.mini-box.com/

mandalay@xxxxxxx wrote:

I want to run a small http (with PHP, MySQL) and ftp server at home, on a red hat 9.
In addition of handling around 1000 visits/day on the http server, exchange video and music files on the ftp, I want a machine very reliable which doesn't make too much noise and as small as possible.
Does anybody knows any machine which could satisfy these requirements ?
How do admin choose a machine when they have traffic requirements ?
Thanks !