Re: Xfree

>  Thanks for all the help! But its still a no go. I tried what
> everyone suggested.. Even went so far as to run redhat-config-xfree86
> --set-<every option I could> !  It still bombs out. I get the hour
> glass, but no user interface comes up, a few seconds later, the
> xserver resets and tries again. does this 4 times and then give me a
> text mode error. The same one I wrote about earlier. So apparently,
> my xserver has been abducted by aliens... anyone know how I can get
> in touch with Fox Mulder??? 8-)

Well, your X are working properly. As you said, it comes up, shows hour
glass which means that X is configured properly. It seems that after X
is started it is trying to start something else (window manager,
display manager...) and it fails. Check your other files/libraries.

--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)