Re: Xfree

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 19:31, Keith Morse wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Ronald Hawkins wrote:
>
> > > DON'T mondo! This is a very common error and simple to fix. I had to fix
> > > it on my RHCE exam. But I'm having a senior moment and don't remember
> > > exactly what the underlying cause was. It's something simple like the
> > > wrong video driver in /etc/X11/XF86Config -- something you can fix in text
> > > mode then switch to runlevel 5.
> > >
> > > Anybody else want to jump in here please?
> > >
> > > --Doc Savage
> > >   Fairview Heights, IL
> > >

> > Rocky,
> >
> > redhat-config-xfree86 is the command to use in place of xconfigurator.
> >
> > Doc's suggestion that you manually edit /etc/X11/XF86config is also
> > valid as long as you are familiar with what video driver you normally
> > use.
>

> Isn't redhat-config-xfree86 a gui tool?  Closest I can come up with is
>
> 	/usr/bin/redhat-config-xfree86 --noui --reconfig

Keith,

On the command line, redhat-config-xfree86 by itself should be enough to
pull up the configuration interface, that is, unless your system is
really off in the weeds.  I have never really needed anything more after
updates to bring X back into submission except for running nvidia kernel
mods.

:)
Ron