Re: eth0 device not present

> From: "Joe Polk" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It's a PCMCIA card and I get the problem with battery and mains :-(, but
restarting the network seemed to work wonders!

> From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>The network comes up before PCMCIA. The network tries to start, but the
>pcmcia service is not started so the network service cannot reach the
>card.

>What _should_ happen is that, when the pcmcia service starts, it sees
>that the card is a network card and brings up that interface. If not,
>"service network restart" (as root) should get it to come up.

This worked!!! Thanks! Guess this should be added to init.d or something
like that in order to get it to do this during the boot sequence. Where
exactly must I add this in?

>Are you sure the card is not actually working later when the boot
>sequence is complete?

Works great now!

>>Also it was suggested that the kernel should be
>>updated. My kernel version is: 2.4.20-8

>Do update your kernel. Up2date will make it easy and painless, but you
>can also install the new kernel RPM by hand. If you haven't done this
>before, or don't know how to do it, post again.

Will do.

Thanks a million for the help!

Chas