RE: RedHat, Fedora, and the Future of Life as We Know it

Buck said:
> The ISOs have been available to anyone who subscribed to RHN for free.
> As of Monday, Red Hat removed the link to buy the $60 RHN subscription
> and thus removed the ISOs from free distribution (at least for those of
> us not subscribed).  Now, for me to get the ISOs of RHEL products, I
> have to buy a support contract for whichever product I want.

Funny, my demo account still will let me buy a Basic RHN entitlement.
IIRC downloading the "Easy ISOs" of anything has always been just for
paying subscribers.  The RHEL beta announcement backs me up:

RPM and source RPM packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Beta 1 are
available via Red Hat Network to all RHN users at:

  https://rhn.redhat.com

Installable binary and source ISO images are available via Red Hat
Network to all RHN users with paid subscriptions at:

  https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/download_isos.pxt

> I can see you being confused if you see them available, but if you do,
> you and I are on different sides of a fence.  Get 'em while you can.

The beta is still available on your favorite mirror:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/taroon/en/iso/

Release ISO have never been freely downloadable AFAIK.

--
William Hooper