Re: RedHat, Fedora, and the Future of Life as We Know it [*SP* 46%]

Guy Fraser said:
> Where does it say that RH can not distribute an MP3 player
> on the comercial applications CD in binary only with boxed sets.

What box set?

> There has been a number of commercial non-GPL software packages
> on discs only included in boxed sets.

What Linux compatible, non-GPL (since it has been established that the mp3
licensing is not GPL compatible) mp3 player?

Is it in Red Hat's best interest (as an Open Source company) to devote man
power to creating a closed source mp3 player?  OGG is available and GPL
compatible therefore is a better fit for Red Hat's goals.

> Is Oracle GPL... no, RH has a bundle with it.

Enough paying enterprise customers asked for it.  I doubt many enterprise
customers are worried about having an mp3 player.

--
William Hooper