Re: My kingdom for a stable RH9/TP R40 (2681) laptop

On Monday 22 September 2003 06:43 pm, dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This may not help much, but you can take some comfort in knowing you're
> not the only one seeing this problem. If this is a Red Hat issue, it's
> probably a very obscure one.

Thanks... I appreciate the response, Doc.  At least I know that it's probably
not the hardware in this beast that's failing.

I really wish IBM would assign model numbers to their laptops based upon their
hardware makeup.  What has given me some trouble is chasing down "Linux on
R40" pages, only to find that their version of the R40 is running Centrino or
other technology.  Arrrgh, does that ever send you down some blind alleys!
Eventually I'll track this down.

Barry