Re: Mailman question

Barry L. Kline wrote:

On Monday 22 September 2003 08:15 am, Rob Kirkbride wrote:

Thaks for the reply Barry.
I just tried creating a new list (via the web interface) and it didn't
give me any info that I could see. Also I have no
/var/mailman/mail/wrapper file - it doesn't seem to be contained in the
RPM.

Rob

Did you install from the Red Hat provided RPM? Once you install it, do an rpm -qi mailman and you'll get a list of instructions that you need to follow to finish configuration. That's what I did and it was a piece of cake.

I haven't used the web interface for mailman, only the command line.: /var/mailman/bin/newlist
then added the lines provided by that script into /etc/aliases. A quick "newaliases" command and all was well.

Barry

Yes you're right. It works fine with you use the newlist script and presents me with the aliases to insert. The wrapper is called /var/mailman/mail/mailman.

Thanks for the help,

Rob